We seek to contribute to the development and implementation of regional and international norms and standards of criminal justice, human rights and the rule of law.
- We identify and raise awareness about gaps in existing standards.
- We contribute to standard-setting initiatives.
- We offer expertise on international frameworks and policy, and practical experience gathered in country and regional projects.
- We participate in meetings and sessions of intergovernmental bodies, and issue written or oral statements and interventions.
- We work with and support the human rights bodies of the UN, and regional bodies such as the African Committee of Experts on the Rights and Welfare of the Child and the Council of Europe.
- We cooperate with other civil society actors in networks and coalitions.
We focus on areas where, through our thematic and country expertise and our working methods, we believe our engagement can add value and be best invested, and we seek to use and maximise windows of opportunity for reform on a particular issue or in a particular context.
We are a member of the World Coalition Against the Death Penalty and of the Human Rights and Democracy Network (HRDN) working on EU-related issues, as well as several other NGO coalitions and partnerships.
Download our Advocacy policy to find out more about how we work.