This resource is designed to support the training of stakeholders in the criminal justice and penal systems, including judges, prosecutors, defence lawyers, prison officials and probation staff.
It aims to build and strengthen the knowledge and awareness of the international human rights safeguards of individuals facing a death penalty or long and life term sentences, including international standards on the treatment of prisoners and fair trial standards. Topics covered include:
- due process and fair trial standards
- international standards on the treatment of prisoners
- prisoners under sentence of death
- protecting other vulnerable prisoners
- building a rehabilitation-oriented penal culture.
If you download a resource, please link to it from your website or share with your professional network.