This resource pack aims to provide guidance about how non-custodial sanctions and probation can be established in countries which do not have them and extended in those countries which do. It draws both on the available academic and other literature available, together with PRI’s experience of working with government partners, most recently in Eastern Europe, Central Asia, East Africa and MENA regions.
- What do we mean by probation?
- Why probation?
- The tasks of probation systems
- The organisation of probation services
- Staff, training and resources
- Models and approaches for practitioners
- Public relations
- Research, monitoring and evaluation
- Conclusions and a checklist for developing probation services.
This resource was compiled by Rob Allen on behalf of PRI.
If you download a resource, please link to it from your website or share with your professional network.