PRI’s Annual Report 2017 outlines the impact of our work and achievements over the past year.
Read the report online or download it below:
Highlights in 2017 included:
- Publication of Global Prison Trends 2017 – the third in our annual flagship series – which highlighted the links between criminal justice and the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Our Middle East and North Africa office’s continuing delivery of a penitentiary reform programme in Yemen, despite the war.
- The first project delivered by our Africa office, based in Uganda, providing training to prison officers on vulnerable groups of prisoners.
- Successful completion of our Kenya project to develop gender-sensitive pre-sentence reports for the court and community service placements for women offenders.
- Our Central Asia office’s new initiatives for human rights advocacy in Uzbekistan and combatting corruption in places of detention in Kazakhstan.
- Our project in Georgia providing skills training and counselling services for women who had experienced abuse and violence – factors linked to their offending behaviour.
- Developing a new project for demilitarisation of the prison service in the Central African Republic.
- Gaining and disseminating expertise in the management of violent extremist and radicalised prisoners.
Download the report:
If you download a resource, please link to it from your website or share with your professional network.