In December 2015, PRI organised an international roundtable on ‘Preventing Radicalisation in Prisons: Developing a Coordinated and Effective Approach’ hosted by PRI’s MENA regional office in Amman, bringing together 30 participants from 15 countries representing the Middle East and North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, Europe, Central and South Asia.
This report summarises the discussions, covering:
- drivers for radicalisation in (and outside of) prison
- dispersal or concentration
- classification of prisoners and assessing risk
- rehabilitation and reintegration
- role of prison employees
- women and radicalisation
- children and radicalisation
It also provides a list of recommendations for further action.
If you download a resource, please link to it from your website or share with your professional network.