Founded almost 30 years ago, Penal Reform International (PRI) is an international non-governmental organisation (NGO) that develops and promotes fair, effective and proportionate responses to criminal justice problems worldwide. Our head office is in London and we also work from regional offices in Jordan, Georgia, Kazakhstan and Uganda, and with partners in other countries. We are passionately committed to achieving our objectives:
- a criminal justice system that respects the rule of law, upholds the rights of suspects and defendants and prevents the unnecessary use of pre-trial detention
- fair and proportionate sentencing that takes account of the circumstances of both the offence and offender
- humane treatment and conditions for prisoners and prevention of torture in all places of detention
- safer communities through rehabilitation, reintegration interventions and interventions to reduce re-offending
After 11 years of dedication and commitment to PRI, our Executive Director is retiring in the summer. Under her leadership the reputation of PRI in the international criminal justice sector has grown hugely and now that she is moving on, we are looking to recruit a new Executive Director who shares our values to lead us through the challenges ahead.
You will have solid experience of working strategically at senior management or executive director level and a thorough understanding of the criminal justice sector and international human rights standards. You will be an excellent communicator, able to represent the organisation effectively at a high level and build strong relationships with key strategic partners and donors. Working closely and collaboratively with the international staff team, you will be able to identify opportunities and develop new programmes for income generation and the fulfilment of PRI’s mission.
What we offer
Salary: Competitive, according to experience
Contract: Full-time, permanent
Benefits: 6 per cent employer’s pension contributions
Annual leave: 25 days during the first year rising to 27 days thereafter, plus eight UK bank holidays and office closed between Christmas and New Year
How to apply
Click here to read a letter from the Chair of PRI’s Board. The job description and person specification can be viewed here.
To apply, please send a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing date: 17:00 GMT Friday 27 April 2018
- First interviews: 10 or 11 May 2018
- Final interviews: 21 or 22 May 2018
You must have the legal right to live and work in the United Kingdom and/or European Union or be in a position to obtain the right.