Research and Policy Assistant
PRI is recruiting a Research and Policy Assistant (six-month fixed term contract) to provide research and other support to the implementation of projects led by PRI’s Policy Programme, including the following key areas of responsibility:
- Conducting research on investigation of deaths in prison worldwide and other criminal justice issues, working closely with colleagues and partner organisations
- Contributing to the development of research methodologies, data collection, analysis, and drafting for PRI’s Global Prison Trends report
- Assisting in the production of publications such as reports, news, and blogs (both offline and online content)
- Contributing to PRI’s website and social media channels
- Supporting the organisation of meetings and events
- Carrying out any other reasonable duties commensurate with the general level of responsibility of the post.
||London, United Kingdom (hybrid office and home-based) (or the Netherlands home-based)
||Fixed-term contract for six months, starting 3 October 2022
|Hours of work
||Full time, 35 hours per week. Annual leave entitlement is 25 days per annum plus bank holidays (pro rata) and 3 days of office closure at Christmas.
||£27,351 per annum in London (to be confirmed in the Netherlands)
How to apply
Read the full job description and person specification.
To apply, please send your CV and a supporting statement, explaining with relevant examples how you meet the criteria set out in the person specification, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 August 2022. In your cover letter, please confirm whether you have the unlimited legal right to live and work in the UK (or the Netherlands) and state where you would be based if selected for the role.
Interviews will be held on 9 September 2022.
PRI is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, especially those with experience of the criminal justice system. PRI is committed to safeguarding and the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse; all employment with PRI is subject to reference checks which include specific enquiries about safeguarding.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.